Friday, July 3, 2009

Old Trafford Owns Owen!

SOCCER: MAR 14 Barclays Premier League - Hull City v Newcastle United


As Fox Sports reported:

"Michael Owen admits a move to Manchester United was beyond his 'wildest dreams' but the striker is determined to prove his doubters wrong...There is little financial risk to United, who have signed the player on a free transfer, as Owen can no longer command the £110,000-a-week he was on at Newcastle...It could be argued that, injuries aside, Owen was never likely to regain his best form playing in a Newcastle team which lurched from one crisis to the next on and off the pitch and ultimately resulted in them being relegated last season...With other players to do much of his running and greater creativity around him, Owen has the best environment in which to succeed...And even he - scorer of 40 goals in 89 England internationals - admits he is excited about playing in the same team as the likes of Wayne Rooney, Dimitar Berbatov and Ryan Giggs."

As ESPN Soccernet reports, Owen hopes to leave his injury woes behind and to write a brilliant chapter in his football story as he joins the Red Devils.

"The former Real Madrid forward is believed to have undergone a rigorous assessment on his troublesome knee in London on Thursday before travelling to Manchester on Friday for a more general physical check-up...'Michael is a world class forward with a proven goalscoring record at the highest level and that has never been in question,' said Ferguson, who is a long-time admirer of a player who scored 158 goals in 297 matches for Liverpool and struck 40 times in 89 England internationals."


Sky Sports reports Michael Owen's ambition to not only prove doubters wrong in his quest to find former glory after joining Man-U, but to find his way back on England's national squad as well.

Obviously if I am fit and playing well then I have got a better chance of getting back into the England squad and I am sure my team-mates, with their quality, will help me to do that," he told Sky Sports News. "If I play well then I'd like to think I can force my way back in. There are internationals coming up and I'd be a fool to say I wouldn't want to be a part of it."






1 comments:

Oh,I think, really better chance of getting back into the England squad and I am sure my team-mates,



Get More Details

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More